Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Flag Keeper





Title: The Flag Keeper
Author: Stacy Juba
Illustrator: Larry Drumtra
Publisher: Thunder Horse Press
ISBN: 978-1-453-75305-7

Ages: Children


Source: ebook from author



Elizabeth is a flag keeper for her dad. Every day they take on the responsibility to raise and lower the flag. One day her day goes on a trip for three days and the flag was supposed to take a break. Elizabeth really wants to see her flag flying and after a few mishaps she finally manages it. She longs to learn more about flag etiquette and goes to the library.


What a cute story! It's a bear family so very suitable for younger kids to get into the story but enough content that older readers will have their curiosity stimulated and want to read the whole story. The point as I see it is to teach proper flag etiquette to the young and this book delivers. A very easy to read format, a few long words that are very well explained will not only entertain but teach kids of all ages. I really enjoyed reading it with the girls and they asked a lot of questions. I was very happy that the Flag Facts were included in the back of the book along with the discussion questions to make sure your child understood the story.


I'd have to say go out and get this book if you have children (you can get it from amazon). I think it's very important to teach these concepts and I give this book a TEN (if you've been following my blog I only do 7 out of 7 thumbs up so a ten is very good indeed).



I was given a copy of this book for review by the author. No other compensation was given in return for a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment