Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Seance by Tricia Drammeh


Title:  The Seance
Author:  Tricia Drammeh
18216403Available:  now
Source:  Author via Fae Books 
Pages:  243
Genre:  Paranormal Mystery








About the Book: 
 Ninth grade can be a nightmare when you don’t fit in at school, your crush chooses someone else, and your parents tell you they’re having a new baby. Abby was prepared for normal high school problems. She wasn’t prepared for the demon.

Abby has always been fascinated by the paranormal, but after an ill-fated séance, she discovers not all Spirits are benign. A dark entity unleashed during the summoning sets out to destroy Abby, and within days, she loses her best friend, incurs the wrath of her parents, and becomes a prisoner in her own home. With time quickly running out, she assembles an unlikely group of helpers: the most hated guy in school, a retired psychic, and the cute clerk from her favorite bookstore. Unless the demon is defeated, Abby and her new baby brother won’t stand a chance.



My Take:
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. It was a very well written younger ya paranormal book!
The story of unknowing kids playing with a Ouija, something my mom always warned me against and after reading this...thank goodness that was one lesson I listened too!

There is always something out there that is dangerous, evil and threatening. This book showed all that and the threat of what evil can do to not only your psyche but also those around you, whether they believe or don't believe.
I wish we could have learned more about the characters, I think there is still a lot to learn about all the characters of the book. I was left wanting to know more about...well everyone!

The writing kept the story and suspense flowing and kept me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend this read to the younger teen crowd as well as anyone who loves a little horror in their day!  
 
P.S....Book 2 should be here by this summer!  Can't wait!
 
 
HIGH FIVE!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment